Superintendent's Update April 25, 2017
Post date: Apr 26, 2017 12:50:08 PM
Welcome Back! Welcome Spring! I trust that everyone enjoyed the April Break. We look forward to the many upcoming events and celebrations as we focus upon a positive final quarter.
- Don’t miss the Lunenburg Life-long Learning Series screening of the internationally acclaimed documentary film “Chasing Ice” Wednesday April 26th at 7:30 in the Lunenburg Middle-High School Auditorium. Chasing Ice PR.pdf “You’ve never seen images like this before…It deserves to be seen and felt on the big screen” – Robert Redford
- School Committee meets tomorrow, 7:00 p.m. at the Lunenburg Middle-High School, Middle School Collaborative Room. Meeting agenda 19 Meeting Notice -Agenda Town Hall Version 4-26-17.pdf
- FY18 School Budget Public Hearing (rescheduled) – Wednesday, May 3rd 7:00 p.m. Town Hall – Televised Budget documents available on the main page of our website www.lunenburgschools.net
- Start-Time Survey - The School Committee will review the impact of this year’s later start time for high school students. Seeking feedback from high school students, parents/guardians, faculty and staff. Check your inbox this week for a message from Mr. Spadafino with a link to the survey.
- New and Revised Policies - Public Comment Period: Includes the attached revised policy regarding unpaid school lunch. Revised 3701.01 Insufficient Funds 3-14-2017.pdf You can find the policies at http://www.lunenburgschools.net/school-committee-1/policy-under-review send questions or comments to LPS@lunenburgonline.com
- Coming soon - Teacher Appreciation Week, May 8 – May 12. National Teachers’ Appreciation Day is Tuesday, May 9th and May 10th is National School Nurse Day. Please join me in thanking the teachers and school nurses of the Lunenburg Public Schools for their dedication and commitment to the students!
Superintendent Loxi Jo Calmes
Lunenburg Public Schools
1025 Massachusetts Ave.
(978) 582-4100 x211
(978) 582-4103 fax