Course Reimbursement and Notice of Anticipated Degree Advancement
Some employee contracts/agreements provide for course reimbursement. Employees eligible for this benefit must submit an Employee Notification and Request Form (a.k.a. course approval form or course reimbursement form) to the Superintendent for approval prior to the course start. A copy of the form will be returned to the employee with an attachment that explains the reimbursement process. Submission of an Employee Notification and Request Form, previously not required for Lunenburg-credit courses taught by or under the supervision of the Instructional Services Director, is required effective September 1, 2009. For in-house courses, this form will also serve as a grade/credit report. Employees should review respective contracts carefully in order to understand all of the requirements/deadlines in place. Only course reimbursement requests that have the proper verification (grade and proof of payment) and fall within the times outlined in employee contracts will be processed. It is solely the employee’s responsibility to meet all deadlines and provide all the required information. (Please see Appendix L for sample form).
The Employee Notification and Request Form is also used to notify the Superintendent of anticipated degree status change. The submittal deadline listed on the form and in the contract will be strictly enforced, as this information is crucial to the budget process. (Please see Appendix L-1 for Employee Notification and Request Form procedural flowcharts).
Some employee contracts/agreements provide for conference reimbursement. Employees eligible for this benefit must follow the procedure outlined below.
1. Identify conference/workshop to attend.
2. Complete Purchase Requisition form (Please see Appendix M for sample form).
3. Obtain building principal’s signature on Purchase Requisition form and arrange substitute coverage as necessary.
4. Forward requisition form (signed by building principal) to the Superintendent's Office for signature/subsequent submittal to the town finance department.
5. Receive/hold Purchase Order (generated by town hall upon receipt of purchase requisition) for future remittance with reimbursement materials.
6. Attend workshop/conference
7. Submit Purchase Order with following attachments for reimbursement to building principal:
a. Proof of Payment
b. Certificate of Attendance (or other verification of attendance)